CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 4, 2012

This morning (er, technically yesterday morning, cuz it's after midnight, but who cares) I went to a two year olds birthday party =) her name is Rachel, I babysat her several times and she is just adorable! She's started giggling so funny, where she'll just screech and giggle so loud and then just go back to normal like nothing ever happened...she's a doll. And her grandparents were all there, and it was funny because at one point her grandma came up to me and said "And you're..Mickaela? You were Julie's salvation while she had her classes! You are so sweet." And when I left she gave me a big hug and said "Thank you for being such a blessing to our family by watching Rachel." She was so sweet! I was glad I could be of so much help just by watching that adorable little girl!

The message at church was so awesome! The message today was '30 Second Theology' Craig took Superbowl commercials and talked about kind of the story that could be pulled from them..it was awesome. The one that really hit me was about beauty. That commercial showing what is done to a woman's image to be considered beautiful disgusts me.. I've struggled a lot with 'oh I'm not pretty enough'..but not quite to that extent. I myself, along with all girls and women just need to think about what God Himself says in His own Word-
 Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
And,
1 Timothy 2:9 And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pears or expensive clothes.

God did not create us to obsess over our outer looks, we're supposed to focus on God and have a personality and spirit worth His creating, and that is when we will be praised. (And a good note to think of... The kind of attention you're going to bring using your body is not the kind of attention you want).

After church a friend 'kidnapped' me to babysit for her, it was actually fun, I got to hang out with her adorable kids while they went on a date and after the kids were in bed I watched Gnomeo and Juliet then Tangled, and got to read some of my book (I'm reading The Hobbit =D).

Good day, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I get to hang out with Kahri, Brittany and Rachel! Woo! (hopefully Geocaching! But definitely the Superbowl party at church!)

~6 days til the Texas trip!!

1 comments:

Kahri said...

hopefully geocaching the weekend after you get back! :-) I didn't get to watch the whole 30 second theology message, but I can't wait to. :-)

Post a Comment